If You Are Going To Try

Charles Bukowski, Factotum

If you're going to try, go all the way.

如果你想尝试,那就全力以赴

Otherwise, don't even start.

否则,就不要开始

If you're going to try, go all the way.

如果你想尝试,那就全力以赴

This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives, jobs and maybe your mind.

这将意味着你可能要失去女朋友,妻子,家庭,工作,甚至你的意志

Go all the way.

全力以赴

It could mean not eating for three or four days.

意味着你可能数天没吃没喝

It could mean freezing on a park bench.

意味着你可能在寒风刺骨的时睡大街桥洞

It could mean jail.

甚至被拘留监禁

It could mean derision, mockery, isolation.

意味着你可能被嘲笑、戏弄和孤立

Isolation is the gift.

孤立是一份礼物

All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it.

是所有人对你毅力的一份考验,考验你多想做成一件事

And, you'll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds.

你会做到的,尽管被拒绝,做好最坏的打算

And it will be better than anything else you can imagine.

它会超出你的任何想象

If you're going to try, go all the way.

如果你想尝试,那就全力以赴

There is no other feeling like that.

没有别的事情能如此感受


摘录自Charles Bukowski的《Factotum》一段,有轻微改动。
原谅我渣渣的英语水平,翻译的不忍直视。
听到这首朗诵时,深深被惊了一下。配乐加上深沉的嗓音,与诗文混为一体,仿佛是作者自己在诉说自己心底的境遇,我不知道作者经历了什么,能够写出如此深沉的文字。然后我反复的读,反复的听,去用心体会作者的感情,越发喜欢。
追求,追求一份想做的事!可能你要放弃事业,丢掉爱情,丢掉家庭,甚至坐牢,这仅仅是为了要去做你想做的事情,这需要莫大的勇气,需要多少经历,才能敢于做出这样的决定!
可爱的人,勇敢去梦,勇敢去逐梦。Just do and keep in it.